Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free file hosting sites

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Free file hosting sites

I occasionally want to upload a file and sometimes Googledocs doesn't seem to liked by folk down loading.
What suggestions do friends have for safe free hosting sites, preferably those that do not impose a heavy delay before file is ready for download to force one to the paid product?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
4 REPLIES 4
MarkB
Grafter

Re: Free file hosting sites

You could try Microsofts 'Skydrive' which is available through their 'Live' array of offerings. If you have MSN or any 'Live' product, you are all set up to us Skydrive already. It's handy enough and simple enough to use to, you can set up permissions etc for who you want to read/write etc.

Hope this helps.,,
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Thanks. I had missed that one.
Do you know how user-friendly it is for the third parties, who will download?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
MarkB
Grafter

I've only used it a couple of times, but as I recall it's fairly simple. You can create a folder and upload anything you like to that, You get a link to that folder and give it to your friends / work mates etc and as long as the permissions are set right on the folder, it's that simple. It shouldn't take you more than a few mins of playing with it to figure it all out.
Not applicable

Would Humyo.com fit the bill? http://www.humyo.com/pages/en/online-file-storage
Up to 10G  is free.  Been using it for a while now and think it's great.