You can now get a free email with
    *  Unprecedented Spam Protection
    * Maximum Virus Protection
    * 5 GB E-Mail Storage Space
from
http://mail-eu.gmx.com/
GMX File Storage Offers a Multitude of Functions
Store data online:
    * 1 GB for text, images, music, videos, and all file types (an ideal backup medium)
    * Storage in our high security data center, access via secure SSL connection (the standard for online banking)
    * Accessible from any computer connected to the Internet after logging in to your GMX mail account.
    * Integration on your desktop as a virtual hard drive with its own hard drive letter, for example in Windows (optionally with MacOS, Linux).
Send an e-mail to invite friends to your GMX File Storage:
    * Share folders
    * For a predefined time span or without any time limit
    * Full control over who can see which contents for how long

Worth a look its FREE
8 REPLIES 8
lingbob
Grafter

Re: Free email 5 gig storage

Last time I tried GMX email, none of my emails were getting out  Huh
Regards .....
Santiago
Grafter

I have been using GMX for some time and have mentioned it on this forum in the past. I think it is very good and have had no problems with it. As Samuria says there are a lot of features and it's free.
I opened an account and got an email address = myfullname@gmx.com, unlike hotmail and gmail = myfullname19734521.
Through the same account  I have also myfullname@gmx.us and myfullname@gmx.eu. You can add up to 10 email address in the same account and use each one as a seperate account.
As well as accessing it through webmail you can use it as Pop3 and Imap on your email client such as Outlook, Thunderbird and Opera.
Pop3 mail from your other accounts, like Plusnet, can also be collected by GMX via the webmail function.
Easy to follow instructions are given on their website for setting up the various features. 
The only thing I couldn't get GMX to work on was the webmail notifier in Thunderbird.
I would recommend it
lingbob
Grafter

Quote from: Santiago
As well as accessing it through webmail you can use it as Pop3 and Imap on your email client such as Outlook, Thunderbird and Opera.

That's all well and good but GMX Webmail doesn't work with the Opera browser - I've just tried it and I can't login to any of my accounts  Sad
Regards .....
Santiago
Grafter

Have you set up POP 3 or Imap accounts in Opera?
lingbob
Grafter

I can access my GMX accounts with the Opera mail client but the point I was trying to make was that GMX Webmail isn't available to anyone using the Opera browser. Furthermore, they wouldn't be able to open an account either.
Regards .....
Santiago
Grafter

Ok I understand what you mean now. Up until now, for email, I had only used Opera for Imap and Pop3. I haven't been using Opera for long, I am just trying it out. I didn't realise that GMX webmail doesnt work in Opera, but only in IE and FF.
So if you are using Opera as your browser and you prefer webmail GMX is not for you then.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

It also doesn't like Firefox 3. Tells me to upgrade to the latest version. Hmm  Crazy
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Santiago
Grafter

Haven't got Firefox 3 yet. Upgraded Opera yesterday to 9.50. I have to say I am please with Opera. Early days for me but first impressions are good.
I was not aware of the browser issues using GMX as I dont use webmail. I have only used it through my email clients using either POP3 or Imap.