cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Laptop On

amir852
Grafter

Free Laptop On

hi everyone actually i want to tell you something that 02 are now giving away free laptop on mobile broadband the laptops are fantastic but unfortuanatly the price is high £29 for altogether and 24 month contract wow raelly bad if it ws 12 month contract then it would of been alright and by the way its mobile broadband useless dont go for the laptop you get tied into 12 month contract with a useless mobile broadband. if you are getting the home broadband/buisness broadband then its ok i tried to go for 02 broadband but they dont let me sign up there was a problem so i signed up with plusnet. so dont get the mobile broadband you will defo regret  beware!
jim:blue All Caps changed in title mod:end
20 REPLIES 20
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Free Laptop On

Pity they didn't give you a laptop with a shift key.
I couldn't read what you wrote.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

craigyoung
Grafter

I hate these cheap laptops with no commas or fullstops.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

think he has one somewhere
will defo regret  beware!
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  All Caps changed in title ]
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Well - they're not actually free laptops.
My friend went for one of those deals, with 3.
It came with an 18 month contract @ £35 per month.
I borrowed that for a few days when I was at the Open Day last year Smiley
I think the normal price for just the mobile broadband with the same allowances with no laptop was £15.
Even if that came with an 18 month contract as well, you're actually paying an additional (£20 x 18 = £360) the so called 'free' laptop.
It's pretty much the same as buying one on credit.
hulls
Grafter

At the very least, a deal like that needs to be sent to the ASA, and even better would be a complaint to a Trading Standards Service as a misleading price indication.  You're right nothing's free.
John
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Carphone Warehouse is also offering free laptops.  As the saying goes, 'If it looks too good to be true, it probably is'.  Wink
amir852
Grafter

i no they are not free but its less price and free broadband £29pm
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Have you bothered to check the spec on the 'free' laptop?
amir852
Grafter

the 1st laptop is link:censored but the 2nd and the 3rd one is good but you have to give £79 on the 2nd and the 3rd laptop and £29 monthly the £79 is one of fee so not really good because your just going to pay the full amount £29 per month and £79 one of fee on the 2nd and 3rd but first one is free you dont have to pay but you are going to pay the full amount when you are going for a 24 monh contract of £29 so not really good
adie:red removed avoidance of filter as per link:rules]
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: Axis
Pity they didn't give you a laptop with a shift key.

Comprehension alert!
They took away all your punctuation as well!  Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

artmo
Aspiring Champion

amir, I really can't understand what you are trying to say.  I asked you about the spec of the laptop but don't appear to see it.
amir852
Grafter

sorry artmo there are 3 laptops so go to this link and see http://broadband.o2.co.uk/laptops/compare.jsp
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I have and I'm not impressed.  For the additional cost of broadband on the cheapest deal you are paying £400 more than I currently pay with PN.  For that money I would want a much better spec than they are offering.
amir852
Grafter

yes its a scam you are going to pay over the laptop price 2nd and 3rd laptop cost another £79 one time fee and mobile broadband £29 per month and 24 month contract you are about to pay like £500-£650 on a stupid laptop  but the 1st one is no cost with a stupid mobile slowest broadband with low graphics fsll for the scam few people are only going for the laptop but they will understnd when they get to no 02 that they are paying over price of the laptop