Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Free Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition

Acronis are giving away a free copy of True Image 10 here
Could be useful if you don't already have it.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
16 REPLIES 16
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Free Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition

Who crashed the site then www.acronis.co.uk isn't there
samuria
Grafter

Hope they have done a backup up then
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

The site is back up (no pun intended) but I do not see where I get a copyof Acronis True Image 10 from......
You fill in a series of boxes to get a serial number in an email , and then get a link to the site....
Am I that  " Dim" ?  please advise where look, as I cannot see a "download" box on either page
Thanks
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Hmm, it's got the Personal Computer World logo to the left, so perhaps it is an on-line registration link for software which is included on one of their coverdiscs?
The download list only lists their newer version (Home 2009), not version 10.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

You need to sign in to their website (password from the link in email 1) and register your product using the serial number given to you and then you can download it.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Alex
Community Veteran

Ah right, think I'll register then as well Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Other than downloading from other sites what you need to do is the following
Create an account here http://www.acronis.co.uk/homecomputing/support/
Then login to your account and select register a product. - see first picture
Input the registration code and then you can go to Registered products and you will something like the second picture
Alex
Community Veteran

I've registered, and it's sent me a confirmation link via e-mail.
This takes me to an account section with no registered products (when I enter the password it gives me).
I assume I get a further e-mail with the serial number, and I enter that in my user account section?
Not received a second e-mail with a serial number as yet, when I click on the link again it says a serial number was sent to that e-mail. Checked spam folders etc. and I even re-registered with another address just in case.
I'll wait for now and assume it'll come later on?
pnf
Grafter

I completed the registration details last night.  I then received an email thanking me for my interest in Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition.  The email asked me to confirm my request by clicking on a link or pasting it into my browser, after which I would be sent "the serial number for Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition immediately".  I haven't yet received the serial number and my gut feeling is that I won't.  I suspect the offer has been closed.
Alex
Community Veteran

Yep, same here.
Still not received any e-mails with a serial number.
It's either broke, or they've realised the link has been passed around, got too popular and they've pulled it.
Oh Well.
paulh
Rising Star

worked fine for me
pnf
Grafter

That's interesting, I still haven't received a serial number.  Once you obtained your serial number were you able to download the software from your Acronis account after registering the serial number?
paulh
Rising Star

yep.
I did it with version 8 as well ages ago as well.
It is confusing because it's not obvious what you're supposed to do, but as adiewoo says, there's a two stage process.
You register on the website, then get sent a "request confirmation" email with a link which you click through back to the site and that registers the product
Then after doing that you should get another email which contains a serial number.
You then go back to the site, login and go to "your registered products" and enter the serial you've been sent.
Then that should give you a screen which offers the opportunity to download the product you just registered. (Acronis 10 is nearly 100MB btw so don't do this in peak time!)
If you're having problems I suggest you email them and I bet they'l be helpful  -- my experience of their technical support was that they went out of their way to assist when I had an obscure  problem with an obsolete bit of their software which I had got free ...
paul
EDIT/ADDENDUM
Hmm just gone back to the original link page and see this:[quote="acronis"]Please be aware that the product installation package is not published on Acronis Web Site. It can only be obtained from a CD included in your copy of Personal Computer World magazine.  ... I've also tried to register under a different email address and got the registration and serial number emails instanttly , but no link to download the package ... so it does seem that they have withdrawn the ability to download the package. 
pnf
Grafter

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond, it seems that things have changed. 
After my last posting, I thought I would paste the URL from the original Acronis email into my browser and this time I received an email with a serial number.  I registered the serial number but there was no facility to download the software.  So unless you have the Personal Computer World CD/DVD it is not possible to take advantage of this offer.