Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum membership classes and stooges.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Forum membership classes and stooges.

Recently it has been suggested that some member(s) of the forum could be stooges for the company. I have seen members classed as "Standard", and have believed that that means they were once on Plusnet's staff. Am I right in the assumption?
What safeguards are in place to prevent an ex-staffer, who had left PN as employee and customer, later rejoining and getting classed as a member, with no refeence to prevoius
relationship with Plusnet?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
17 REPLIES 17
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Forum membership classes and stooges.

That isn't correct
However why some posters are in Standard, some in Member and most in both I have no idea
Note that there are about 3000 more in Member than in Standard
Regarding the point about ex staff members - there are only a very limited number of members of staff who have registered on the forums - any member who joins in his or her own right is a normal customer as far as we are concerned.
AndyH
Grafter

I've been accused of being a member of ex-staff.
To avoid any doubt - I have never, nor will I ever work for Plusnet or any BT Group company.
Luzern
Hero

@AndyH
My thread did arise from posts elsewhere on this forum and now on the respected Kitz, but please be assured that I did not raise it against you Smiley
Personally I think ad hominem accusations reveal as much about the accuser as the accused, and where in addition there is suggestion of  a major company.s collusion. I puzzle why the accusers remain! Roll_eyes I am hesitant to think that some might have links to ANOR ISP.
All that said, could/should some vetting be introduced to flush out any deception?
In passing, the new member types do seem to have changed in their approaches to problems and expectations, being more aggressive.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Are you suggesting that a person who was once employed by Plusnet should only be allowed to participate on these forums if their sig or similar says - Note that I was once a Plusnet employee
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

A few of the ex-employees do have that or similar in their signatures, it can help to clarify that they are no longer with the company
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

To be clear as far as I know - that only applies when they have previously posted here as a staff members
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

three stooges? Roll_eyes Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: lucerne
@AndyH
My thread did arise from posts elsewhere on this forum and now on the respected Kitz, but please be assured that I did not raise it against you Smiley

Thank you, I assumed as much.
I did think it would be an opportune time to reiterate that I'm in no way connected to Plusnet/BT or any ISP as a matter of fact.
There are a handful of users who expect too much and anyone that disagrees with them must be colluding with Plusnet or BT  Grin
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: Oldjim
Are you suggesting that a person who was once employed by Plusnet should only be allowed to participate on these forums if their sig or similar says - Note that I was once a Plusnet employee
hard one: I don't know if that would be pandering to the conspiracy theorists and obsessional. Maybe a declaration on joining without any confidentiality breach might be something to consider(???). OTOH perhaps some stricter rein on personal posts.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Since you think that some posters on here are stooges for Plusnet (presumably because they tend to support them) are there other posters who are employed by a competitor who persistently denigrate Plusnet
Then again perhaps members of either group, should they actually exist, have probably got better things to do with their time than persistently posting derogatory or laudatory comments on here
Luzern
Hero

err!!! I certainly have NOT said that! Angry
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: lucerne
err!!! I certainly have NOT said that! Angry

Maybe not intentionally?  But I am now a little bemused by what the thread is trying to achieve.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: dvorak
three stooges? Roll_eyes Wink

Chris, Chris and Chris?  Grin
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Oi! :mand:
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.