Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to reload tabs?

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Forced to reload tabs?

Firefox latest version; XP Home SP3; Avast Aniyirus (free); ZA free fiewall; Nefgear rouer firewall.
I am seeing substantially more incidences of a file appearing to have loaded in FF, i.e. the loading sign is not visible and the name visible, but without anything coming up on screen. When I reload the tab, the expected screen loads successfully.
I also think that when I try to access a link within files/sites on view or from a search, there are more times of "this link appears ti be broken" than I'd expect.
Suggestions wanted.
Thanks
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
7 REPLIES 7
paulh
Rising Star

Re: Forced to reload tabs?

dns ?
Luzern
Hero

?? but there seem so many unlikely to be connected instances.
Can you go further with reply?
dick:quote
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I'm interested in your question as I am experiencing a similar problem with Firefox.  No problem with IE though.
Luzern
Hero

I think I may have cracked it. I found a link that refered to the problem, but lost the link Embarrassed
Anyhow in essence it seemed to point to the firewalls' program access controls in Firewalls needing resetting after (in my case) a new FF version being installed. ZA was especially mentioned.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Thanks for that.  I've only use the PN firewall and the router built-in one.  I have reset them and it seems to have done the trick.  Thank you.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:Forced to reload tabs?

We did have some reported issues with DNS last night, which may have compounded this. Glad to hear you've found the main cause and how to fix it though.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Luzern
Hero

What more is there to do? Smiley