Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Xp fans only

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

For Xp fans only

While sorting out the tip I call an office! I came across a copy of Win Xp, complete with it's card packing and product I/D (but the outer box has gone) Now, for complex reaons I don't think I ever used this copy. As I almost immediately purchased a new PC (at the time) that had Xp pre-installed. So this copy is probably not registered with Microsoft, but I admit I might be wrong about that. I vaguely recall it cost around £90ish at the time.
It's the pre-SP2 Home version. It doesn't say, but maybe the upgrade version. (it say's Version 2002 on the packing.
If anybody would like to "take this copy off my hands" (the 3 PC's in my house are now totally Vista for better or worse) free gratis and try out the registration process, then contact me by PM, and I'll send it on to you, most likely after Christmas to avoid any postal problems.
And I'll throw in a copy of Xp Plus! as well.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
3 REPLIES 3
holdtight
Grafter

Re: For Xp fans only

PM`d  Grin
petlew
Pro

Yes, you're probably right. However, it has got the right result, a member has requested it, and is prepared to make a donation to a charity of my choice.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
petlew
Pro

Quote from: PJ
Can I suggest this is moved to classifieds- even if there is no money involved it seems a more appropriate board.

Hi PJ,
I certainly didn't take it as a criticism, but I pondered a long time whether to respond to this, or not at all. This response is in no way meant in an unpleasant or contentious manner, merely an observation.
This particular Forum (Computers and Hardware) is probably the one most generally viewed by computer "enthusiasts" the one forum I never view is the Classified (except for this exercise, and I do admit to a post in there a while back...which got no response from PN users) of the 30 or so posts in page 1 of the current ads there, in amongst the cars for sale, kitchen equipment and guitars there are but 3 computer related items. My feeling is I got a faster successful response to this post (10 minutes!!) here in C&H.
So, given the relatively low volume of computer related items for disposal in classified, may I suggest that PN goes the other way and allows them in Computers and Hardware, or perhaps introduce a sub-heading in classified for computer related items? I do realise if that road is gone down, there will be others making out a case for sub-headings of all kinds, just to be the devils advocate!!