cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder Icons in Vista

Trapper_Dave
Grafter

Folder Icons in Vista

I sort my music folders as "Band Name" > "Album Title" where I like to have the album artwork as the icon for the folder and an image of the band on the band folder.
The problem is that when I select these images in Vista, it won't change it but will stick with the random image that they currently have up there. Does anyone know how I can fix this as it's really getting on my nerves.
5 REPLIES 5
Trapper_Dave
Grafter

Re: Folder Icons in Vista

What do I need to right-click on? The folders that I want to change the icon on won't bring up the option when I right-click on it. I'm already signed in as the administrator.
paulby
Grafter

@ TrapperDave - Sorry- you obviously read the post before I deleted it.  I was on an Xp lap top when I wrote it and quickly ran upsatirs to check what I said was correct but it turned out not to be (hence the deletion of the post).
However, generally in Vista, many things allow you to run as "administrator" even though you have an admin account (right click on many programs in the Start menu for example).  This gives you access to other facilities or allows you to change system parameters.  It's another layer of "security" that M$ have built in.
Trapper_Dave
Grafter

I was already aware of the pain in the neck that it was.
I just can't understand why it won't let me change the icons, when it did previously.
Trapper_Dave
Grafter

This is doing my bloody head in now. Are there any sort of commercial solutions that anyone might be able to point me in the direction of?
Trapper_Dave
Grafter

After a short period of working again, it's decided to stop working. Now I'm really confused. In my c:\Music folder I get the following sort of display.

Now as you can see with the Bloodhound Gang, Blur and Boards of Canada, it shows the album artwork grouped together as the folder image. However when I click on the Bloodhound Gang folder I get the image shown below;

So for some reason the album artwork shows an image of me which is some where on my hard disk. But from the C:\Music folder view it seems as though Vista recognises that there should be different folder images. Could anyone help me out with this at all?