cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip Mino

kenny
Grafter

Flip Mino

I have bought  Flip Mino camera and I cannot seem to get the software running on my computer it just freezes up when I`m trying to run it
When I`m trying to install the software to my PC its freezing and locks up my PC (using win xp pro)
It freezes on the `loading Muvee Video Mixing Software`
I`m using XP Pro version 2002 with service pack 3. Celeron (R) CPU 2.66GHz. 2GB of Ram.
My Flip is the Mino, Camcorder Model: F360B. I`m using the Flip connected direct to the USB port `NO Extension cable`
I`ve managed to install the 3ivx Installer software manually so half way there. But as soon as I try and work with the video clips (move them, save them etc) my PC freezes up. I`ve managed to test the camera on another machine a laptop and it seems to work but on my normal PC (which I have never had trouble with) and use the same USB port all the time it freezes up.
If I just try and drag or copy the files from DCIM>101VIDEO folder it just freezes my computer and I cannot do anything except reboot my computer. But doing the same thing on my laptop its ok so it point to something else that could be a problem. Can you think of what it could be???.
The laptop I was testing it on I cannot use long term so I need to get it working on my homebase PC correctly. Thanks.
I`ve no idea what it can be so if anyone can help me thanks

4 REPLIES 4
samuria
Grafter

Re: Flip Mino

My first thoughts are that there may be a problem with your HD and its trying to copy files and retrying over and over hence the lock up.
Get a cmd prompt (start/run cmd) then type
fsutil dirty query c:
what did it say?
now
chkdsk c: /f
It will probably say it cant run do you want to run it at startup press Y reboot and it should then check the disk.
If you copy the video to the laptop and then transfer it to the pc either by network or pen drive does it copy ok and will it then play?
Have you tried another usb port and are you using any other usb device? If you are like a printer remove them and try again. Have you got the free movie editor that cam with windows on the pc (movie maker) does that run ok
kenny
Grafter

Quote from: samuria
My first thoughts are that there may be a problem with your HD and its trying to copy files and retrying over and over hence the lock up.
fsutil dirty query c:
what did it say?
now
It will probably say it cant run do you want to run it at startup press Y reboot and it should then check the disk.
If you copy the video to the laptop and then transfer it to the pc either by network or pen drive does it copy ok and will it then play?
Have you tried another usb port and are you using any other usb device? If you are like a printer remove them and try again. Have you got the free movie editor that cam with windows on the pc (movie maker) does that run ok

well mine is the default Mino not the newer HD version. Yes I`ve used other things of the same USA ports (using front 2) from external HD to
external CD Writer to a MicroSD card reader. I have a ASRock P4VM900-SATA2 Motherboard fitted. It has 6 USB ports all 2.0.  but I will try the other stuff you say
StickyMick
Grafter

There is a Q&A on the Flip Support site. Not sure if this relates to your problem but there's a firmware update recommended here: http://tinyurl.com/9722o4
Hope that helps.
kenny
Grafter

Quote from: kenny
Quote from: samuria
fsutil dirty query c:
what did it say?
now

well mine is the default Mino not the newer HD version. Yes I`ve used other things of the same USA ports (using front 2) from external HD to
external CD Writer to a MicroSD card reader. I have a ASRock P4VM900-SATA2 Motherboard fitted. It has 6 USB ports all 2.0.  but I will try the other stuff you say

how do I slow this bit down so I can see it  when I run this scrip `fsutil dirty query c:` I forgot how to slow it as cannot see what it says