Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Player problem.

nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Flash Player problem.

I updated my copy of Flash Player to the latest version earlier this week, and since then the BBC News video feeds refuse to play. I've uninstalled it, done a registry clean, erased the remnants in file folders, and reinstalled it, but it's still the same. Strange thing is that it's only the BBC web site that does it. Others that rely on Flash Player work fine. And it's the same on IE8, Chrome and Safari. An email to the BBC web team has gone unanswered of course.
Anyone else noticed this? Any ideas? Can't think of anything else mesen!
4 REPLIES 4
scootie
Grafter

Re: Flash Player problem.

mine still work after the update, but my commodo firewall in custom policy mode fires a connection warning on most flash app's now under plugin container.exe see below, this triggered from this page . http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/video_and_audio/default.stm
maybe your firewall is blocking this?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Had same problem on Ubuntu.
After exploring lots of forums, I switched Compiz off (set visual effects to "None" - so no pretty effects).
killed all Firefox.
BBC now works - but it's a BBC bug/feature.

BTW did you know that get_iplayer is now available once more?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm  :o, I am running fully updated Ubuntu with several active Compiz effects, and have not seen any problems using the BBC website using Firefox.
The only issue I have seen is trying to start iPlayer downloads at peak times after the recent football matches, but that is OK now.  Cheesy
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Tried disabling the firewall but still the same. Also looked on the adobe labs bug site and it looks like the problem is widespread with Flash Player v10_1_53_64 but only with Vista. No fix yet.