cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Final Release Of Speccy Available Now ( Non Beta )

Steve
Seasoned Pro

First Final Release Of Speccy Available Now ( Non Beta )

Overview
What's in your computer? If you're like most of us, you can probably name the processor (Intel or AMD, Celeron or Pentium), maybe how much RAM it has, and maybe how big the hard drive is.
When you go to a computer store and see all the bright shiny PCs laid out next to each other, most will have tags or stickers indicating the:
Processor brand and model
Hard drive size and speed
Amount of memory (RAM)
Graphics card
Operating system
Two or three years later, when it comes time to upgrade your computer, that tag or sticker may be long gone. Speccy was designed as a free electronic "what's inside" sticker for your PC.
Isn't this information in Windows?
Yes and no. Some of the basic information can be found by right-clicking My Computer and then clicking Properties. The General tab lists some statistics, and the Device Manager on the Hardware tab lists all of the hardware you've got installed. But it misses out lots of information that you need.
Speccy will give you detailed statistics on every piece of hardware in your computer. Including CPU, Motherboard, RAM, Graphics Cards, Hard Disks, Optical Drives, Audio support. Additionally Speccy adds the temperatures of your different components, so you can easily see if there's a problem!
Why do I need Speccy?
At first glance, Speccy may seem like an application for system administrators and power users. It certainly is, but Speccy can also help normal users, in everyday computing life.
If you need to add more memory to your system, for example, you can check how many memory slots your computer has and what memory's already installed. Then you can go out and buy the right type of memory to add on or replace what you've already got.
If you're going to be selling your PC, you can use Speccy to quickly list out the components. Or, if you're buying a PC, you can use Speccy to check that the computer has what the label says it has.
Also, Speccy comes in handy for support. If you're on the phone with technical support and they want to know what video card you have installed, there's no need to hunt around Windows. Speccy has all the information on one easy-to-understand screen.
download available here....http://www.piriform.com/speccy
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: First Final Release Of Speccy Available Now ( Non Beta )

Steve M,
I might give this a go. I've used Bellarc Advisor before, its been around for a while and performs some of the same functions as speccy. Also Crucial have a very useful RAM checker on their site: http://www.crucial.com/uk/systemscanner/?click=true
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: First Final Release Of Speccy Available Now ( Non Beta )

And I thought this was going to be a Sinclair Spectrum emulator Cheesy
Sounds useful though.