Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox issues

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Firefox issues

My father PC has stated to come up with an odd problem.  Every time he starts up firefox (v3), he gets the following error message
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80570015 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CI_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.createInstance]"  nsresult: "0x80570015 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CI_RETURNED_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://searchshield/content/overlay.js :: InitSDK :: line 352"  data: no]

This only happens on his profile, not on my mothers. I am a bit stumped, and was going to try a reinstall of firefox, but wondered if you knowlegable chaps had encountered this before.
4 REPLIES 4
God
Grafter

Re: Firefox issues

Guessing.... But someone either has or has had Google Chrome browser installed and there is a Javascript problem. I would reinstall/uninstall chrome first and see if that fixes it, then move on to Firefox.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

If the advice from God doesn't work I would suggest posting your problem on the Firefox forums.  They are extremely helpful and generally very quick in dealing with any queries.  I have never failed to get an answer to anything I've asked.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Can you start Firefox in Safe Mode? (you should be able to access this option by navigating to the program via Start > All Programs/Program Files). If so, then I'd try disabling all of your extensions/themes and then restarting the browser. I don't think this is anything to do with Google Chrome TBH. I think Chrome refers to the aesthetic look of the browser and isn't specific to Google's software.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

God
Grafter

Ahh, good point on the chrome reference.