Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox is not responding

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Firefox is not responding

What is causing this to happen ?  

It used to happen many moons/years ago, once in a while, but recently it seems to be happening often, e.g. tonight I have had it happen about 6 or 7 times... usually when I am trying to scroll a page, some pages have pics, so I accept a "jerky" response, as the pics ar loaded, but it also happened while I was watching a movie on Youtube. the video kept running, but the subtitles stopped, and had to do a reload, for them to "catch up" ...

Just been on the DM site, and was scrolling down to read about Ebagum and it happened again.

I am actually using a 32 bit version of Cyberfox on 64 bit Windows7 professional,  could this be the problem ?  

4 REPLIES 4
paul_blitz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Firefox is not responding

For various reasons, including these sort of issues, I now avoid using firefox, and favour Chrome

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@shutter have you tried with add ond disabled ?

your 32 and x64 mix should not make a difference

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@rongtw  what is the point of having addons if you have to disable them to stop the browser from  " not responding ".. 

( whilst I can see the "logic" in re-enabling each one to see whethere one , or more, is causing it... it does seem to be a bit "long winded", and the alternatives are either not suitable, or there isn`t one ).. !

The addons I have been using prior to the "udate"/downgrade did not cause this to happen.  and the reason I changed to an alternative was because some of the addons that I use, don`t work with the downgraded version of firefox. ( not because of the "not responding problem)...

Strange that this should occur at the same time, but using the alternative to firefox, (CYBERFOX) which is written, (as I understand it ) in the same architecture , ( or whatever ) as Firefox... 

Guess I shall just have to "put up with it".... seeing as I am the only one it is happening to  ! ! ! !... ah well.... these things were sent to try us...but WHY ME  ? ? ? ? ? 

Incidentally, CYBERFOX seems to load twice as quick as Firefox from clicking the icon on the desktop .....

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@shutter  If you read the Firefox forums there are several posts regarding Cyberfox having issues with certain addons Undecided

unfortunately the only way to confirm this is to disable them and try each one seperately Embarrassed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .