Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox favourites

sassy62
Grafter

Firefox favourites

Hello all,
I have bene using fireofx for about a year now after grief with IE7 its great..faster and easy to use once you get IE out of your head...but one thing that bugs me, opening favourites...is there an easier way to do it aside from opening the firefox home page (or any other) clicking favs and then selecting something from the drop down menu?
It took me a while to stop going straight to the old IE favourites via the start button, out of habit,...is it possible to set firefox to run from the start menu?
Ta
(scuse the dodgy username...the mrs set this up!!!)
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Firefox favourites

If your default browser is Firefox then the links from the favourite menu will open in firefox.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you do Start, Run and then put in a web address (e.g. http://portal.plus.net) does it open in IE or Firefox? If it opens in IE you don't have Firefox as your default browser. In that case http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/How+To+Make+Firefox+The+Default+Browser will help you.
PS If you select Profile from the top of this page, then Account Related Settings from the left of that page you can change your display name.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mal0z
Grafter

In addition to that already suggested :
You can set up quick short cuts on the Bookmarks Toolbar.
View | Toobars and tick 'Bookmarks Toolbar'
Then left click the avatar / logo beside the address bar and drag it to the new Bookmarks Toolbar . You can abbreivate the text by Right clicking it and selected 'Properties and editing the text.
Depending up the lentgh of the sites name, you can have 10 to 16 quick one click buttons to take you to your favourite websites.

samuria
Grafter

It just as easy in Firefox to start typing in the address bar as it will show you a drop down list as you type which is very handy. You can of coarse drag some of the favorites onto the bar so they are always there. Another way is to make a simple webpage of your list and use that. there is a free little program that does that for you from
http://www.shareup.com/FavePage-download-5246.html  It works from IE but never tried it in Firefox.
In Firefox if you go to  organize book marks you can create a webpage from there by exporting html then put it on the bar or have firefox open it when it start as you can have more than one start page
sassy62
Grafter

Thanks all..
Re default browser...Firefox is always my default, well 99% of the time..but the favourites menu from the 'start' button is the remains of the old one I had when I was running IE7..I wonder if theres a way of exporting them to the folder maybe?
Mal/jelf..I have used those options before..but this is really about setting up either an icon on my desktop or preferably something from the favourites voa the start menu itself..
I got so used to using that before I go it it by 'default' myself!! lol
Re the name...sorry..I was referring to the username when login into the community itself..
Cheers again for the imput so far everyone... Smiley