Firefox Update has borked all my favourite addons

FIXED
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Firefox Update has borked all my favourite addons

Just a quick heads up

(that I forgot to do earlier)

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/66.0.5/releasenotes/?utm_source=firefox-browser&utm_medium=fir...

66.0.5 is in the shops now!!;)

Further improvements to re-enable web extensions which had been disabled for users with a master password set (Bug 1549249). More support information

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Already running 66.05 .... probably updated itself, without me knowing...but since the "fix"  last week,  everything has been working alright

Thanks

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Very true but for some reason the old bug playing Youtube videos (stutters and slow loading) seems to have come back. Not a happy bunny. Still Opera works ok.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

There was a message at the bottom of the screen when I launched FF (latest version) today saying it was slow to open, and offering me the option of clicking a 'Refresh' button or something to speed it up.  Since I had just switched on the computer and it was still finishing whatever it does on boot-up, I didn't think FF was any slower than usual so I didn't do as suggested.  Also I think it said Favourites and History would be preserved, but I'd have reselect add-ons.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

I've loaded the Youtube classic add-on, seems to work fine now.

@Jonpe I would be very wary about doing any 'refresh'. Usually means a clear out. Last time it cleared all my cookies. It really is wonderful when every site asks for username / password to log back in. Now where/what are they. I try not to go there anymore.

The other option I fire up every so often is 'Firefox nightly' (nightly update channel, currently version 68.0a1) and strange to say, Youtube plays normally on today's version.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?