cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 48 Does anyone experience any prolems?

colintivy
Rising Star

Firefox 48 Does anyone experience any prolems?

I have been using Firefox for years without any noticeable problems. Suddenly for a few weeks now my display worked properly for everything but NOT Tesco grocery ordering pages. A vertical slice at the RHS will not accept any text etc., and is blank. This does not happen with any other website!! Tesco advised that this was news to them and recommended me to see if the same thing is general and try Chrome instead of Firefox. Result no sign of it there!

The latest FF update is 48 as far as I know. Any clues out there?

3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Firefox 48 Does anyone experience any prolems?

I can't see any difference with the same page open side by side between FF48.0.2 and Chrome 52.0.2743.116 m.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

colintivy
Rising Star

Thanks Mav,

The phenomion is certainly apparent still here. I cannot understand how the display can react differently to two separate bits of text. It could be that it is a combination of my laptop video parts together with Firefox. I have run software checks but no indigestion was found there. It is a fact that the RH side text does appear at first but disappears almost immediately. When working, the information has its own up & down button allowing scrolling up and down which makes it likely that it is a software package separate from the main page.

i do not know when the 48 update was issued, it may or may not be significant because the trouble is only a few weeks old.

I will do our Tesco shopping using Chrome, now that I have got it installed. I will try to get to the bottom of the problem as and when I have time (and or when someone can shead some light on it)

colintivy
Rising Star

Hi Folks,

The missing bit of display is solid and sound when using Chrome, so I will use that as a working function. Delivery of groceries from Tesco is a must because we are not mobile anymore and are in the sticks of Welsh rural life!

Talking to my son, who is employed in very technical software, he tells me that Firefox is particularly strict about HTML which gets updates which could cause my problem. Other websites may not be quite so updated and presumably Tesco could be at fault. All should be sorted sometime.