Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 14.0.1 Cache Gremlins

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Firefox 14.0.1 Cache Gremlins

Been getting some odd problems (XPSP3).
One I've just posted - here. I recall several hours ago I had a FF crash (at least I thought it was as it disappeared form the screen whilst I was trying to print a page to pdf, normally no problem - and dumprep was running) and when I started FF again it opened at the homepage (mine set to a blank page) and then another instance opened in a new window with all the tabs from just before the "crash". When I went to a new tab, all my thumbnails from the new tab page had gone bar one, which was active in another tab. Apart from cursing I thought no more of it until now. The other odd thing was that when I refreshed the page for one Forum board it didn't refresh, although it "re-displayed" - there were 3 updated posts I subsequently discovered.
I've since cleared the cache.
I've also had one Thumbnail which now won't display which previously used to, I think that may be been after I upgraded to 14.0.1.
I've also had other display oddities on one or two occasions (don't recall exactly what they were at this moment) which have only been resolved by clearing the cache.
3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Firefox 14.0.1 Cache Gremlins

I went up to 14 and quickly rolled back to 13 as 14 seemed unstable.
An XP SP3 laptop is now suggesting I upgrade again.....not just now thanks.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I have FF 14.0.1 but on W7.  Everything is working fine.  I also have XP Desktop with FF 14.0.1 and the FF is behaving handsomely.  Thought I just let you guys know.
Regards,
Chandu.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Mine behaves fine most of the time, just now and again an odd cache gremlin. Noticed it on 13.0.1 as well.
(That's on 2 different XPSP3 machines - both different hardware).