Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Films

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Films

I have a few films which I can watch on my desktop using one of the many players available, if I convert the format of these films (using wondershare converter) then I can also play them on the tv via my pvr recorder using a usb stick......

The tv also has a usb socket but it does not recognise the format insisting I format the usb stick but even doing that and then putting the converted film on the usb it still does not play.

Not a problem but I was just curious why they could be played via the pvr but not when connected direct to the tv.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
4 REPLIES 4
chroma2000
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Films

It probably depends on the relative age of the two devices and the formats (both video and file types) they are compatible with. What formats have you tried and how large are the video files?

Ian

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

The original formats were either mpeg-4 or xvid

I converted them into mpeg-2 format which works.....used this as suggested on some internet site.

Problem is there is such a vast range of options offered in wondershare it would take some considerable time to work through every format available.

The Panasonic pvr is a fairly old model DMR-EX97.....As is the smart tv which is approx 6 years old.

Another option that might be available to me is using a amazon fire stick but never tried that out.

As originally mentioned it was more a matter of curiosity as to why it only worked via the pvr...so not really a problem issue.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@gleneagles   Have a go with "Anyvideoconverter".... https://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Make sure you download the FREE version... not the premium... !

Also... check the tv spec for video formats... I had similar problem,.. usb worked on one tv..but needed to change the format for the older tv...

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Handbrake is good for re-encoding to h264/h265/mpeg2/mpeg4 (mkv/mp4) formats.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."