cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre on its way, want to migrate

johm6340

Fibre on its way, want to migrate

Hello
I currently have a land line with plusnet, which came across when plusnet purchased my old provider a year or so ago.
My broadband is currently with coms.com , who inherited it with the purchase of adsl24 .
My village will be getting fibre shortly, with a live date of September. Expecting the max throughput as the cab is only 200 m away from the house.
I would like to migrate my broadband package due to bad throughput, connection drops etc, from coms. ( was perfect with adsl24) .
Can I migrate now, and then upgrade to fibre next month without penalty ? Or should I wait until the fibre goes live ?
Given that my land line is currently with plusnet, what deals are available to me ?
Lots of questions there, thanks for the answers in advance .
John
3 REPLIES 3
DanHodby
Grafter

Re: Fibre on its way, want to migrate

Morning John,
Welcome to the forum.
If you want to migrate your ADSL service over to Plusnet then upgrade to fibre when this becomes available, that's absolutely fine. You will not be penalised in the slightest as when you upgrade to fibre you start a new contract for the fibre anyway.
If you check the website you will be eligible for any of the new customers deals. Though, if you have a ticket number or if message me your details I can give you some specifics.
Cheers.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi John,
Welcome to the forums.  If you decide to follow Dan's advice - move on ADSL now and take fibre in a month or two - when talking to PN sales, I'd would make a point of clarifying what terms the upgrade to fibre would be on.  New customer deal rates or existing customer UPGRADE rates and make sure that answer is recorded and deemed part of your contract.
You could find that if you move on ADSL introductory rates and then upgrade, that you loose your ADSL discounted deal and end up on a full price fibre product.  I am very sure that this can be sorted, but it would be wise to be clear when you start.
You mention poor speeds.  Given that the majority of slow speed issues are down to the wire from your house to the local cabinet, it is more than likely that an existing speed issue would transfer with you.  Somewhere along the way an ISP is going to need to get the same BTOR organisation to address that issue.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

johm6340

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.
Dan, I have sent you a PM.
Kevin, thank you for the advice, I will take it on board .
The poor speeds are definitely not due to the hardware or line . When I was with ADSL24 i was getting 3.5 mb after getting BT in to replace the copper from the pole to my master socket, and using a dam good modem/router. The speeds have dropped to 1.8 to 2mb since coms took over .  havent pursued it with them as fibre is on its way .
Again, thanks a tonne.
John