cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre not working on some devices

Susanowlwilson

Fibre not working on some devices

Ive had fibre over 12 months, it works on tv,mobiles ect and labtop. I took my labtop to isle of man and teathered it to my phone. Now it i cannot access internet on it. It says internet blocked. Any help would be greatly anticipated. Cheers
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Fibre not working on some devices

@Susanowlwilson  Welcome to the forum.

I assume that if you are using wireless that you have gone into your available wireless settings and selected your router WiFi?

Alternatively if it's a Windows laptop try the following:

1. Type cmd into the search box on the bottom left of your desktop.

2.This should come up with a link to the Command prompt. Right click this and select 'Run as Administrator'. You may need to enter an administrator password unless you are already logged in to Windows as an administrator.. A new pop up box should appear.

3. Type 'ipconfig /release' (without the inverted commas).

4. After you get a response type 'ipconfig /renew' (without the inverted commas).

See if that fixes it.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to Tech Help.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Susanowlwilson,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to get online on your laptop after tethering it to your phone whilst you were away. It sounds like the issue lies with the wireless settings on the laptop. Please can you run through the steps that @Baldrick1 has suggested and let us know if this doesn't resolve the problem.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

If it's not already fixed, can you access the Internet on the device you are tethering the laptop to??. Also it will be a completely different sdid and password and there may be some setting on the phone that you need to alter. If it's android they are under the wireless setting and tethering/portable hot-spot.