cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

danlebath

Re: Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

One of the mains reason this update isn't liked is it installs the MS Edge browser whether you like it, or want it or not,.. 

Once installed it's a [-Censored-] to get rid of, as you can't uninstall it, or delete it.  Microsoft have seen to that.  It tries to also become the default browser..

You have been warned.. It's still sitting there in my updates and will sit there till forced upon me.. or otherwise... I, so far, have managed to expunge Edge from my PC and block its re installation (which it can also do)  Seems MS watch a slice of the browser action by fair means .. or foul 

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Yes, I notice that it's rather keen on getting me to use Edge.  Edge has been on this computer from the beginning, I had a look at it, and used is a couple of times when I thought there might be a problem with FF, but I'm in no hurry to make it my default browser.  I'd have thought the annual subscription for Outlook would keep MS in business for the foreseeable future.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Before this update, when I shut down the computer with FF open, FF would be open with the same page showing after booting up.  However, since this update this doesn't happen.