cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster And More Reliable iOS / OS X Downloads Are Now Possible

Anonymous
Not applicable

Faster And More Reliable iOS / OS X Downloads Are Now Possible

Apple has apparently just rolled out its upgraded Content Delivery Network, or CDN, this equates to faster and more efficient downloads from the company’s servers.

With speeds into the terabits per second
, it’s quite a substantial bump,  this is a more than welcome improvement to the back-end.
http://www.redmondpie.com/faster-and-more-reliable-ios-os-x-downloads-are-now-possible-heres-why/?ut...
6 REPLIES 6
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Re: Faster And More Reliable iOS / OS X Downloads Are Now Possible

Anonymous
Not applicable

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Waste of money.
This is exactly the kind of application best suited to bit-torrent.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

TORPC
Grafter

Bit torrents can take a long time, & what if the one(s) your torrenting from, goes offline ?Huh
I do not see this as a waste of money, I see it as money well spent on improvements & shows to others Like Google / Microsoft / linux et al what can be done to improve things overall
Moreover, it also shows money is going back into the firm as opposed to the Stake / Stock holders pockets
That said I would of thought that Apple would have done this in - house rather than outsourcing it to Comcast (maybe in time Apple will have it in - house) ?Huh
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Quote from: TORPC
Bit torrents can take a long time, & what if the one(s) your torrenting from, goes offline ?Huh

Hardly going to be an issue for Apple, i could see p2p working very well for them given they have 100s of millions of ios users who must have the latest release immediately .
I see it as money well spent on improvements & shows to others Like Google / Microsoft / linux et al what can be done to improve things overall

Hardly, they're just playing catchup as usual. The others have been doing it forever

That said I would of thought that Apple would have done this in - house rather than outsourcing it to Comcast (maybe in time Apple will have it in - house) ?Huh

They're not outsourcing. Its just Comcast et al pulling the same bs they have been with Netflix.
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Well i dare say they wouldn't want to keep the Chinese Market waiting for their content!