Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Image Resizer (alternative) for Linux

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Fast Image Resizer (alternative) for Linux

Hi guys!....
have been struggling to find a suitable replacement for my beloved Fast Image Resizer prog that runs in Windows, but cannot get to run on my Mint 9 setup.... been doing a huge amount of googling, and just found this....
http://toki-woki.net/p/Shrink-O-Matic/

. which runs on "Adobe AIR" and needs that installed first, then self installs the program..... works straight away.... no messing with .sh files in Documents....
set the size required, then just drag and drop . or browse your pic folders, and then double click the file.... it is done in a few seconds, ..... before you even think ... now where has it gone....
you will find it in the same folder (or specify a destinations) and it will be renamed .... so for example..... my car 001.jpg becomes my car 001 w600 h800.jpg  (or whatever size you specifiy)and you will find in the same folder as the original...
Works On MAC and Windows too !....!...!.
7 REPLIES 7
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Fast Image Resizer (alternative) for Linux

Don't forget to read the EULA!
How secure is AIR?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Ben_Brown
Grafter

Sounds like you need ImageMagick.
e.g. to resize all .jpg in your current folder to 800x600 you'd do something like:

for i in *.jpg; do n="${i%%.jpg} w800 h600.jpg"; convert "$i" -resize 800x600 "$n"; done

And no dodgy EULA to sign Smiley
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I tried that on a dozen photos - took about 2 seconds - and it preserves the originals.  Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

shutter
Community Veteran

I only want to drag and drop, one or two pics at a time.... not bulk re-size... so it is fine with what I want to do...
artificer
Grafter

i use kde and install kim from the repo.  this allows me to right click on an image in my file manager and perform a number of actions on it, including resize.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I personally won't install Adobe Air. Acrobat is bad enough with all the security holes in it and the SIZE of it, I usually use evince, but it has issues with some pfs's so have acrobat installed as a backup.
Shutter did you ever try that one I gave you the link for in the other thread, it would seem to do everything you wanted, (c) insertion & resizing all in one operation.
shutter
Community Veteran

Well, I have it installed..... so I will let you know if I get any problems with "all the holes in it "....
Yes, I tried it, but wasn`t happy with it... ... !... ( Thanks for the help to all) Wink