Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to log in to a forum with strange message

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Failure to log in to a forum with strange message

This is the message text I am seeing when I attempt to log in to a particular forum
FLOOD CONTROL ACTIVE and detect this ip as flooder. If You are secure this ip 87.112.39.117 (class 87.112.39.0) is not used as flood please contact support staff at http://staff.forumup.co.uk from another IP or PC. Try again from 20:31:14 seconds

Decipherer to the front, please! I trust it has  nothing to do with anything I have done!
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
10 REPLIES 10
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Failure to log in to a forum with strange message

Usually happens when you try and do too much at once on a forum - sometimes forward caching browsers can trigger this kind of message. Antivirus software which scans links in advance can also trigger this kind of behaviour.
I've not seen it for a long time though. Possibly try a different browser and see if it still has the issue.
Luzern
Hero

Funny as the last time I entered that forum was this morning. You mention antivirus s/ware; I use Avast, so maybe as the problem is common to my preferred Chrome and IE, I'd better try to exclude the link from Avast's attentions? Yes?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
picbits
Rising Star

It's worth a try to rule out the forward caching type of issue.
It could also be something as simple as your IP address has been previously blacklisted - maybe worth pinging a member of staff on the forum and see if they have any ideas.
Luzern
Hero

Disabled web scanning or that forum's URL without result. Condition is same this morning but with a new PN IP address affected.
Luzern
Hero

Ticket #79048374 raised. Problem seems to cover all PN IP addresses allocated my connection.
picbits
Rising Star

What are the first two parts of your IP address and what part of their forums are you trying to access and I'll see if I have any issues with it Smiley
Luzern
Hero

@picbits PM on way soon
Luzern
Hero

Cured; came live yesterday evening.
picbits
Rising Star

Any ideas what the issue was in the end ?
Luzern
Hero

No not as such, but just now I've visited the ForunUp staff and support forums. From posts there I gain the clear impression that the blame lies with a badly designed and aggressive anti spam. hacker, whatever artificial intelligence. It seems to base decisions on actions from an IP per minute, with some ISPs using shared IP addresses arrgh!. There are examples of forums' admins getting quite shirty with owner of FUp.
I believe the owner of the forum I'm with having thoughts of moving host, though not necessarily for matter in question