Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook, we reap what we sow.

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Facebook, we reap what we sow.

Love or hate it (and many do) I find fb handy for keeping in touch with close friends and family and to that end, I have very few 'friends' and do not 'follow' the majority of them - so why do facebook keep heading my page with:  

People you may know
See all friend suggestions

Is there anyway to prevent this? Clicking on 'see fewer posts like this' and even going so far as contacting facebook makes absolutely no difference so I suspect that along with millions of others I'm stuck with it.

As said, we reap what we sow.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
3 REPLIES 3
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Facebook, we reap what we sow.

yes its annoying Sad  also the PAGES YOU MAY LIKE link grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@Minivanman wrote:

Is there anyway to prevent this? Clicking on 'see fewer posts like this' and even going so far as contacting facebook makes absolutely no difference so I suspect that along with millions of others I'm stuck with it.

yes, it'll involve you deleting your profile though

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Love it or hate it (I suspect for most its both) you have to admit its very powerful.

Tonight I just reunited something with the person who lost it - they're not even on facebook but their neighbours that live two doors away are. If I put an advert in the newspaper or local shop window it could be weeks until the right person made contact - if ever.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!