cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC

warbleeder
Grafter

FTTC

any plans on anything better than FTTC? i now have a choice that sucks ... FTTC 25MB down and less than 10MB up...
so i pay for 80/20 unlimited or 40/10 limited to 40GB a month
downloading at 3MB/s sucks compared to the 15 i was getting before move
im on royston barnsley exchange
thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
AndyH
Grafter

Re: FTTC

What are the estimates for your line here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ ?
warbleeder
Grafter

Featured Products
Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Downstream Range(Mbps)
Availability Date

High Low High Low 
FTTC Range A (Clean) 23.8 17.2 4.6 2.8 -- Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 19.6 9.6 4.3 0.8 -- Available

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 14 -- 7 to 16.5 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 14 Up to 1 7 to 16.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 7 -- 6 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2  -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2  -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
there you go ... best thing about it is the cabinet is a 15-20 minute wak away from my house.... yet the next street on is a main road and no cabinets.... and bt say they cant do anything to make it better?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi warbleeder,
Having looked at your account I would suggest that it may be more cost effective for you to downgrade to our Unlimited broadband package instead of the Fibre package. You can do this through the member centre or if you'd prefer to speak to an advisor then you can contact our Support Team on 0800 432 0200.
warbleeder
Grafter

maybe but question is how is that going to effect my speed would i still get fiber (what little use it is) or would i be downgraded to DSL.....
The reason for my crap speeds (and many other peoples) is because BT cant be bothered to make their current infrastructure better and instead the want to make people think they can get faster broadband (and rip people off)
i dont want to go backwards onto DSL but at the same time i dont want to pay for  something i dont get (and i know its down to BT)
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you downgraded to Unlimited broadband then you would receive the ADSL2+ speeds, not Fibre. The very small difference in speeds between what you would receive on ADSL2+ and Fibre I would suggest aren't worth the extra money you're paying. This is obviously completely your choice but my personal take on your particular line and what services are available to you and what speeds you'd get it is what I'd choose.