cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Xbox 360 NAT prob

Grinny
Grafter

FTTC Xbox 360 NAT prob

Just got a FTTC installed today but waiting for Suppled Netgear router so had to use handy WRT54GS although underpowered it seems to be doing to job for lite use but one big problem my xbox 360 seems stuck on moderate and I can't get it to be open NAT.
I had a try at searching for a solution but failed, surely can't be a problem with the BT FTTC modem can it?
So far I've got it on the DMZ, UPNP is on, oh and I realized I had to readdress a few devices as the FTTC modem defaults to 192.168.1.1 same as the WRT54GS so changed it to 192.168.2.1 and connected systems to the 192.168.2.2-255 range
Any Idea's or experience with similar problems would be a help.
2 REPLIES 2
samuria
Grafter

Re: FTTC Xbox 360 NAT prob

The supplied netgear work great with unpnp for xbox. The trick is with the xbox is to set unpnp(unplugand pray) on the router dont put it in the dmz zone and dont give it a fixed ip. On the xbox tell it to test and setup the network its self and it should work. On the supplied netgear it shows up and shows the ports its worked out.
The secret I have found is to do the xbox with nothing else using the network. i tried with one sons for ages and it didnt work. My other son tried it when everyone was out and it went first time. So we tried the other with nothing else working at it went ok so both xboxs run at the same time now ok.
If it doesnt go first time try the same thing again its down to the timing of the unpnp the netgear you can set the timing
Grinny
Grafter

Re: FTTC Xbox 360 NAT prob

Thanks for the info just got the WNR1000v2 today (nice one plusnet with the next day delivery) and it's a nice bit of kit and even if the upnp stats seems to display some wrong data it really works  Smiley I just hope when I can be bothered to set up my brothers wireless xbox tomorow it works just as well.