cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FON still working with PlusNet?

sjptd
Grafter

FON still working with PlusNet?

Can anyone using the official FON router with PlusNet confirm that it is all still working and that they can use the FON system, please?
The FON system seems to have changed quite a bit; I can't find my user status page at all, just a very basic personal info page which only has password change and deactivate account.
My FON running of an old converted Netgear seems to have stopped working; probably pretty much the same issue zpeterk has reported with his old FON.  (I'd be a lot crosser if I here him, at least I didn't pay FON to use the Netgear but had it anyway.)  I certainly don't want to consider paying for the official router unless I am fairly certain the system is still working properly.
5 REPLIES 5
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: FON still working with PlusNet?

I have a new FON router working quite happily on my PN fttp connection. My FON status page says it is active.  It sits in the garage on a Solwise homeplug (where the chances of anyone actually finding the signal and using it are remote  Wink ). My main router is a Billion Bipac 7800n, not the PN supplied freebie
sjptd
Grafter

Thanks for that helpful reply. 
You say  My FON status page says it is active. .  Is that the page on the router interface, or a FON web page?  I don't seem to be able to find a FON status page on the web even after logging on; if it is a web status page can you please remind me of its URL.  Thanks.
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

It's a FON website page, try:
https://corp.fon.com/en/login
this leads to a status page:
https://fonglobal.userzone.fon.com/uz/MyFonRouters
sjptd
Grafter

@beeceegee: Thanks. 
FON seem to have decided to go into a non-information style.  My login does not lead to the status page you mention, and when I do go to the status page it does not have my router on it (not even showing as offline). 
I assume they decided that my router was not appropriate for use with their new system, but not to provide any information (such as email or status page) that could inform me of that.
Doesn't give much confidence in them or encourage me that if I shell out for a new router I will get indefinite continued service for my investment.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: sjptd

FON seem to have decided to go into a non-information style.  ...

I'd agree with your analysis of Fon having gone into a 'non-information' style.   Sad
I've also got the official Fon router and the online webpage (as opposed to the inbuilt router configuration pages) shows my router MAC address and online status, however that's pretty much it.
Previously I could see my usage of the Fon service broken down by when and where, and also if anyone had connected to my Fon router broken down in a similar fashion.  Now I'm disappointed that that information is no longer given.
I haven't bothered to look on the Fon help pages to see if there's any information on that, but perhaps you might have the inclination to do so.  Wink

UPDATE:  OK, so I looked on the help/troubleshooting pages and on this page there is a link at top left labelled 'My activities'.  I suspected that might be what I was missing, but clicking it takes me to a page where it asks me to login via;
1 - Twitter
2 - Facebook
3 - Google
As I don't wish to have accounts with any of those I guess I won't be able to find out what's available to be seen!
UPDATE 2:  Correction:  There is also an option to contact Fon to obtain a password and login that way, presumably with my existing username.