cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FF33

Mav
Fixes: 514

FF33

Seems less stable than before as I have experienced many more crashes :(.
Also, clicking on a different tab doesn't always show that tab's contents but still shows the previous tab's until you click away and back again. Never seen that before.
Anyone else noticed such issues?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

8 REPLIES 8
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: FF33

ye mav i am having issues with flash videos slow to play , definitely not as good as last FF releases 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chrcoluk
Grafter

esrv31 is a feature freeze but with security fixes if you not liking versions newer than 31.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I'm running FF33.0.2 on both XP and W8.1u1 machines and not experiencing problems.
Mav
Fixes: 514

I have 33.0.2 on W7 Pro 64 and still have the same problems as reported in the OP.
I haven't noticed the same issues on W7 Home Premium 64 bit, though. Then again, I've hardly used it over the last few weeks.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I recently updated to FF33.0.2 on W7 laptop.  I haven't noticed any issues yet.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Reading this thread, made me think about an alternative to FireFox.... and , of course, there is Pale Moon....
Very much like Firefox, and has all the same addons ..... just downloaded and installed the latest version.... and it has already "taken over" the Bookmarks, and all previously installed on Firefox addons... so have now uninstalled Firefox... and running pale moon..
Firefox is about 75 MB
Pale Moon is a tad under 50 MB ...
can`t be 100% sure but it seems to be a tad quicker
only thing I have noticed is a red dot with a white exclamation mark over the padlock on the Google homepage url saying "Broken"...  Have re-loaded the page and it disappeared... then made it my home page by dragging on to the house icon... but next time it came up again.....
EDIT EDIT EDIT
re the last paragraph..... just opened two new google pages and it is not "broken" any more ! !   ..  Wink
Another EDIT EDIT EDIT
just found out that the last time my bookmarks was updated was 6 March 2014... ( that must have been when I tried pale moon last ! ).. don`t understand how they are kept from a new download !...
anyway.. xmarks has now updated them...
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

PaleMooner here too, thought I'd try it when I had some severe memory leak issues with firefox (turned out to be Youtube Center, very useful addon, but VERY buggy!!), but ever since it's ran a lot better than FF has and I've yet to have a serious issue with it, and the best bit is that PM doesn't have that annoying new look about it that FF forced onto everyone... Smiley
It is based upon Firefox, but as they say in their description, it's Firefox that has been made to work properly, they're concentrating on making essential features work and making the end user's experience that much better... Smiley
There are a few quirks, bugs and website compatibility issues (such as Spotify claiming it's incompatible with their site, utter bovine, and easily remedied with a tweak under the about:config page), but all in all, it's great... Cool
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Am now on FF 33.03 and it feels a lot better now  Wink
Palemoon is fine except i cannot run BF4 from battleog , but each to there own .
PS i never use IE  Tongue Tongue Tongue
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .