Did you mean: 

External storage fo Xbox NTFS?

FIXED
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

External storage fo Xbox NTFS?

Above.

I'm trying to find a way to store up to an hour's worth of footage of Xbox games for my YouTube channel, according to my research the only way to get external drives to store footage is to use a PC to format it to NTFS whatever that is?

I own a Chrome OS PC and not a Windows, would I still be able to format the drive to this spec?

Do you see? Cheesy
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: External storage fo Xbox NTFS?

@MrAllen2021 IIRC,  you can buy external storage already formatted to this spec.

John
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

The Chrome PC is not an issue here it understands the NTFS filesystem and will even format your disk with it if asked. The inline device I linked you to in your other post along with a suitably formatted and sized disk will do what you need. The only issue you may have is if you need to edit the footage and your Chrome books not up to it.

If you use this approach it won't matter what OS your host PC is running.

TheRoadCrew
Aspiring Pro

@Mook wrote:

The Chrome PC is not an issue here it understands the NTFS filesystem and will even format your disk with it if asked.

Been a while since I last used ChromeOS, ISTR it formatted external drives with exFAT without any user choice (that's using the GUI - never spent much time in chrosh).

That may have changed since, of course.

Mook
Seasoned Champion

@TheRoadCrew You're right! My apologies @MrAllen2021 for getting that wrong. But if you plug the device directly into the Xbox it should format it for you.

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Fix

I bought 2 USB drives a while back and I now can't find them! D'oh! I'll try and see where they are and format them for NTFS.

Do you see? Cheesy