Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excess "open with" entries.

FIXED
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Excess "open with" entries.

I think I have asked this question before, but doing a "search" I could not find it.... !  Sad

When I want to open a Music video file..... I sometimes want to use another player, rather than the default...or have two copies of the file open on different players to compare the output.

So .... I select   "Open With."   and get presented with a list of options ( one off selections)... so maybe I need to have ALL video files open in the same player.. so I choose  "Other Application".. and have the check mark in the box for  "remember this application for MP4 files".

However... I have an excess of entries listed.... 

open with 01.pngopen with 02.pngopen with 03.png

Someone told me how to delete/remove them, but ... old man memory has failed me !. Huh

Hence this appeal.... please remind me how to "get rid" of the excess entries....

Thanks.Wink

I got rid of the GOM Player listing by uninstalling it...but I know they will all show up again, when/if I re-install it...

(Note... it mainly affects "Windows" type progs/apps running on Linux Mint 20  with WINE 5.2 installed to facilitate running windows type progs on linux) ...

3 REPLIES 3
TheRoadCrew
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Excess "open with" entries.

Fix
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@TheRoadCrew   Yes !.... Thank you very much...Smiley

no wonder I couldn`t find it with "that" title  ! ! Huh

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

That'll teach you to use better titles😀

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.