Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evga RMA process heads up, they want the items full price up front

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Evga RMA process heads up, they want the items full price up front

They do things differently at Evga from any other RMA's I have had in the past.  I was expecting to send it to them and then they test it, find it faulty or not then send a replacement or refund.
They send a replacement straight of but no where in there FAQ does it mention that they will charge you bank account the full price until they get the existing card back as collateral, it does state they will hold you bank details if you fail to return the existing card within 2 weeks of .the start of the RMA process and only then charge you.
Currently having a email battle with there German support to get my money back, so beware with Evga. In hind sight I should have got the Asus card after all, as I have dealt with there RMA process before.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Evga RMA process heads up, they want the items full price up front

if it's by credit card you can issue a chargeback against them for taking unauthorised funds.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Surely by using their RMA process you are agreeing to the charge and hence are not eligible to charge back the amount? The legality of this, of course, is questionable.
Gus
Aspiring Pro

There RMA process states they won't take the money unless I fail to return the existing card after two weeks after getting the replacement, they took it even before I had the replacement.
I used paypal so will let them deal with it
Gus
Aspiring Pro

So finally got my money back, nice card shame about there RMA process.  So beware dealing with Evga, they will charge full price to start the RMA process as they send a replacement first