cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever Since Installing A Wireless Mouse The Other Day.....( SOLVED )

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Ever Since Installing A Wireless Mouse The Other Day.....( SOLVED )

In my windows 7 when I put my computer to sleep It automatically wakes up straight away most of the time, Am I missing something? Have I really gotta take out the small mouse adaptor That links my mouse to pc I have plugged into USB? When not In use? Or Is there a simple setting somewhere I'm missing?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ever Since Installing A Wireless Mouse The Other Day.....

Windows has always been prone to USB sleep/hibernate/shutdown problems like that.
The answer is usually either update the driver and/or firmware, or throw it away !.
The last problem I had like that was with a Belkin USB+firewire PCI card.
The card itself worker really well, except when you wanted to switch the PC off !.
You do the normal Windows shutdown, which it would do, but just when the PSU goes off the card would restart the machine !
It could be shutdown by holding the power button in for 4 seconds when it rebooted.
In the end I changed the card for something else, as there was no solution and there were thousands of people with the same issue when I Googled it.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Oh that's not what I want to hear :'(, TBH I usually use a wired mouse but I thought I'd treat myself, Mouse works really really well, Will look for a driver update when I get my broadband back up and running ( currently using 02 mobile broadband) Thankyou for your reply.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post here the make and model number of the mouse and it's adaptor ? - just in case someone knows the solution.
In your case, the other thing that comes to mind is sometimes the BIOS will have options for what can wake a PC from sleep mode.
It might be worth experimenting disabling "Wake on USB", or even "Wake on mouse", or whatever.
It does mean that you will have to wake by another means other than by moving the mouse, perhaps with a key press.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Dont know, me newest baby  (well in age not size) has a wireless mouse and keyboard, that doesnt wake up when I put it to sleep, perhaps you should put some sugar on it  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes
It has a funny system, under the screen it has a blue light - seems daft, when powerd up the light comes on for about 5 seconds, then goes off, next push the button on front of display and all systems go - including the light

-x0&feature=related>
-x0&feature=related
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I was just thinking that, Will have a good gander at my settings on windows and in my bios and see what I can do, As I usually wake up from sleep with a key press, Its a cheap mouse I stumbled across in my local Tesco's, Call It impulse buying if you like Cheesy
Blue-silver wireless mouse
Make-Technika
Model-WM110BL
Cost-£6.95 Cheesy
mal0z
Grafter

Can you not turn the wireless mouse off ?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

No turn off button on the mouse at all, Just the button to link It with the adaptor.
Anonymous
Not applicable

While not providing a solution for your mouse, I did find the Tesco web page for Technika drivers ! http://direct.tesco.com/content/specials/technika.aspx, just in case it is useful to someone else !
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I would suggest going Control Panel then Device Manager then select your mouse under Mice and other pointing devices
Right click and select properties then Power Management and untick Allow this device to wake computer
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Ah That could be what I'm after oldjim, Will go test it out and report back!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I learnt something tonight - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technika
Technika is a brand name for Electronic products sold exclusively through Tesco Stores

If you don't get the answer here then that link has the Tesco electrical helpline.
Failing all else, Tesco's are good about refunds !
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Well I'll be damned, Oldjim you have done It again, That work's for me, I thought this setting was somewhere I just could'nt pinpoint It, Thankyou very much, Big thanks to purleigh and everyone else for their help and advice also.
Some Technika goods are not bad, I'm currently using a pair of their speakers, ( Been using them for a while ) Pretty good they are to and cost me £10.00 I think they were.