cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet Problems

frankb1959

Ethernet Problems

Hi, I have a problem, my Plusnet router shows on my PC(Ethernet connection only) as my old TalkTalk router which is unplugged,disconnected and laying on the floor. The Wi-Fi connection shows as PlusNet.  The new router is hard wired to my computer. Everything seems to be working as it should, I have an internet connection so am unsure why it should show up as my old one. I have also rebooted the router with no results. Can anyone help?
2 REPLIES 2
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Ethernet Problems

Does it matter?  If your router has an Ethernet connection to the Internet I don't see why it should care about what is in-between.
Perhaps you need to Turn on Network Discovery in Network & Sharing Center - Advanced Settings (Windows 7).
brush6136
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Re: Ethernet Problems

Quote from: frankb1959
Hi, I have a problem, my Plusnet router shows on my PC(Ethernet connection only) as my old TalkTalk router which is unplugged,disconnected and laying on the floor. The Wi-Fi connection shows as PlusNet.  The new router is hard wired to my computer. Everything seems to be working as it should, I have an internet connection so am unsure why it should show up as my old one. I have also rebooted the router with no results. Can anyone help?

Did you by any chance rename the Ethernet connection to TalkTalk? All I expect you need to do is find the connection & rename it to whatever you'd like. In the end it's just a label. Right click & rename.
Don't use a big word where a diminutive word will suffice.