Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message

juliasdream
Grafter

Error message

whenever I boot up I get an error message
"To enable advance sound effect for gaming please make sure the settings of Hardware acelleraion is "full". The directory is as below: Control Panel -> Multimedia(Win98)/Sounds & Multimedia(Win2000, ME)/Sound & Audio device(WinXP) ->Playback/Advance...,-> Performance ->Hardware Acceleration"
I keep clicking OK but the message keeps reappearing
I followed the instructions but it changes nothing and the sound seems to be fine
I just want this message to stop appearing
Can anyonne please advise
Its a Packard Bell Easynote E4715 running XP SP2
3 REPLIES 3
samuria
Grafter

Re: Error message

Get startup cpl free from http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml run it and it will show you whats running at startup. Its one of the startup programs. We cant say much more than that but if you posted a list we may spot it.
It may be clear once you see whats running you just untick it to stop it and you can go back and tick it if its the wrong thing.
I would guess its probably a PB prog so look for anything which may be in a dir PB
juliasdream
Grafter

Thanks,
I tried that but didnt have much luck with it
It doesnt appear on startup. It pops up whenever I open my browser for the first time.
It also comes up when I open control panel
More annoyingly it pops right back again each time I click ok and it takes 3 or 4 attempts to get it to stop
Denzil
Grafter

Could be a driver issue. Are there any issues showing in Device Manager? Right click My Computer, click Properties, then the Hardware tab, the Device Manager. Check for yellow exclamation marks against any audio devices, which mean the driver is missing.