cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic responces whith left clicks

colintivy
Rising Star

Erratic responces whith left clicks

@Mav! Thanks for the removal of blank spaces.

I have been plagued with jitters at high speed without the wanted action happening (I have another post about this is about), Sometimes it seems that clicks mutiply and bypass the intended action and odd sudden insertions of large spaces in posts and emails. Knowing your expertise I wonder if my keyboard could be the culprit? It is a rather old bit of kit, with a ball-less mouse made by Genius. I am wondering this needs replacing? I have been trying to use diagnostics on my new Computer Lenovo M9 i5/2400/4GB  Ram/250GB HD and cannot pin anything down there.

4 REPLIES 4
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Erratic responces whith left clicks

If the mouse clicks are playing up then yes, replace it. I had similar with my old mouse recently - the left click became random. As soon as i replaced it with a cheap mouse from Asda (£4) my woes vanished.

As for the odd spacing, I've no idea. The only thing i can think of is that if its a laptop with the trackpad in front of the keyboard then you're possibly touching it while typing (easily done). I have similar problems with my netbook at times.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
colintivy
Rising Star

Hi 7up

Thanks for quick reply. I am glad that this problem has ocurred beforeand is not ony my incompetance..

The jitters (referred to elsewhere) were very serious once, when I attempted  to log out of the Forum.  It seemed that I did not get a single click action but a machine gun like barrage of clicks with the text of the action at bottom left side of the display. repeated at a great rate.. Eventually things cleared up and all was normal.

The other oddity was different in that I would be typing the text of a reply and all of a suddenly the display of my text disappeaed leaving a blank screen. Mav saw this and was able  to remove the blank space and restore the text where it was. Seeing his action revealed that it might have been be a barrage of up shifts that were not keyed in by me. .

I note that the genius mouse, which was supplied with the keyboard, is not linked to the keyboard and of course to the computer USB array. I am tempted to try to get another as a replacement. It should should not be very costly.

Colin.

colintivy
Rising Star

@7up Jitters etc.,I seem to find that they do not occur elswhere than Plus Community, but usually when trying to log out. This does not effect the main display but only the options panel. It generally clears up after a few seconds but is a bit worrying. I have tried the mouse in my lapttop when connected to the Community.and no sign of the jitters are visible. This not to say that the mouse can behave itself for most of the time, We will see!

Regards,

Colin.

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

On Amazon you can buy a wired keyboard and mouse set for under £8 with free delivery.  Trying alternatives would test whether your existing keyboard and/or mouse is/are responsible for your problems.  I think a fault with either of these bits of hardware is far more likely than anything else to be the cause of your problems.