cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epson are cheeky gits!

petecov44
Grafter

Epson are cheeky gits!

Advise me that I am not using Genuine Epson Ink cartridges and then cause my printer to mess up for an hour until I solved it.
Not surprised!
They want £54,49 for 4 13.1ML XL cartridges
I just got 12 sets (48 cartridges) for £12 from ebay and they work great!
Robbing.. well you know what I want to say!
19 REPLIES 19
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Epson are cheeky gits!

Hood they are not ?Huh
Isn't that what you was trying to say ?Huh
We have all known for generations, that the manufacturers (Always charge more) for the after market goods / services & one could always source a cheaper alternative (if they looked in the right places/ know the right people etc)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

You can buy a printer for the same sort of price as a full set of genuine cartridges.
I don't need to ask where the money's made.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: petecov44
Advise me that I am not using Genuine Epson Ink cartridges and then cause my printer to mess up for an hour until I solved it
In what way did the printer 'mess up'?  And, more importantly, how did you solve it?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
TORPC
Grafter

@w23 +1
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: w23
Quote from: petecov44
Advise me that I am not using Genuine Epson Ink cartridges and then cause my printer to mess up for an hour until I solved it
In what way did the printer 'mess up'?  And, more importantly, how did you solve it?

It refused to recognise the cartridges. I had to power it down for a minute and then let it fire up with none in. Then one at a time I put them in and power cycled it and it recognised it one by one.
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
You can buy a printer for the same sort of price as a full set of genuine cartridges.

I got this printer for £44!
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I got a Epson SX445W all in one... and use "replacement" cartridges... never had any bother... but thanks for the tip.... just in case ! ! ! .. I`ll know what to do now !...  Wink
petecov44
Grafter

This is where I read it
http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/igloo/epson-inkjet-printer-rejecting-printer-cartridges-try-this/
I have an Officejet 6600 with refillables and that didn't work either so I might try this with that and see if it works as I've got a continuous system here which I can't use and can't send back Sad
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@petecov44, thanks for sharing, this may save others time and money.  Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
petecov44
Grafter

Welcome Smiley
Well another thing I want to share if I can is my supplier
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/magiccolour4u
I bought 48 cartridges for £12 from him (so 12 sets) and that's brill value. They are slightly bigger than the original and have something like 30ML ink in each.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Thanks for the linky.... now bookmarked and saved in my "Ink Supplier" folder  Wink
launton
Grafter

I have a later model epson xp-950 and compatible cartridges cannot be used in tandem with originals due to information being kept on the black original relating to the other installed cartridges.  You have to change all 4-6 together or or it can render the compatibles u/s.  There's usually a warning or piece of paper included.  Not saying this is what has happened, but something to think about. 
petecov44
Grafter

Hello Smiley
I did read that on the website I linked above. To be honest for the price of them I do replace all 4 at the same time anyway
The replacements don't have the window and connector genuine Epson cartridges have on the bottom but they are still working just fine.
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Thanks for the linky.... now bookmarked and saved in my "Ink Supplier" folder   Wink

No probs Wink
The "150 or 200% extra" claim is true. Epson originals 13.1ml these have 32ml in needless to say they are lasting a lot longer. I've done 250 leaflets and they are now just starting to show they are going down