cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of vista support

scootie
Grafter

Re: End of vista support

just ordered w7 pro from the student site under my 5 year olds name and primary school  Smiley .
cheers for the info moominfish
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@ Asbo, You jammy sod Grin Grin
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
scootie
Grafter

and i can still get 3 more cheap copys to, thoe some days paying full whack for W7 over having to put up with the chaos would be worth it  Roll_eyes
Not applicable

This licensing lark is really complicated. For instance, my friend is running Vista Basic (quite happily I might add). When support finishes, what is the best/cheapest way of proceeding with a W7 upgrade? Got a feeling that it might be best to buy a new computer (and no, fox, she would definitely not be happy with Linux).
Now that asbo has a new baby I am wondering if he could get me another student version?  Grin
scootie
Grafter

even thoe ive got children to put down on the very very very simple form you fill in, there was no checks to prove how old he was and that he attended that school.
i belive they would only check if you order alot copys under say a teacher or school account.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Remind me WHY you have to "upgrade" if you are happy with your current version, is there someone coming from M$ to march you to the bank to get the money to upgrade? Will your current programs suddenly STOP working? Or is it just a case of "keeping up with the Jones'"? They are stopping supporting it so if you have an issue you can't go to them for support (well you can but you have to PAY for it M$) but they will probably still be releasing CRITICAL updates (like IE8  Grin Crazy) I know of some FIRMS that still use NT4! And some people are happy with W95 as their hardware won't support anything higher, and they have a "distrust" of Linux no matter how much I show them how much FASTER it is on the same PC. (even from a CD!)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its that funny thing with M$ security faults
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I noticed that a bank was using a Windows XP in it's ATM - at least the ATM was broken and it was showing the M$ logo.
Scary!  Lips_are_sealed

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Moominfish
Grafter

Quote from: Asbo
just ordered w7 pro from the student site under my 5 year olds name and primary school  Smiley .
cheers for the info moominfish

No probs Asbo Smiley
Quote from: Asbo
Thoe some days paying full whack for W7 over having to put up with the chaos would be worth it  Roll_eyes

Intrigued by this though, what chaos are you on about? Because it shouldn't matter if you pay full whack or get a discounted version of Win7 the support should be the same, it is with mine that I got under that Ultimate Student Deal as I've rang up on a few occasions for 'Support' lol.
scootie
Grafter

the chaos i was talking about was the 4 kids that enabled me to get the cheap deal  Wink
Moominfish
Grafter

I know what you mean, I've only got 2 kids and they drive me crackers lol
paulpicks21
Grafter

I am ordering a copy of win 7 64bit ultimate edition tomorrow as a surprise prezzie for my father in law.
He currently has vista 64 bit ultimate edition and has never got on with it.
I am currently a student thanks to the evening course I am doing so its gonna cost £51.50 all in.
Costs £150 from ebuyer and £180 from play so a dam fine saving I say!!
Cheers
Paul.
scootie
Grafter

my order went from processing to dispatched yestrday at midday and there sent out 1st class royal mail, so was kinda hoping it would turn up today but all the post man had was 3 ebay parcels for my GF.
looking at the site again there based in ireland so figuers it didnt come today. hopefully it will come tomoro as my hard drives been partioned and cleaned up ready for some new double glazing 
scootie
Grafter

Smiley just got my copy in hand now, see you later if all goes well  Smiley