Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded ICC Profiles

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Embedded ICC Profiles

Does anybody know what the following message means and more importantly how do I sort it out......."The embedded ICC profile cannot be used because the ICC profile is invalid"
What I am doing is downloading RAW files from my camera into Lightroom and then converting these to HDR files using Photomatix  but on trying to load the processed files back into Lightroom I get the message that the file cannot be read. They will load into photoshop but the above message appears before they can be loaded and saved. Once they are saved using photoshop then lightroom accepts them OK.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
5 REPLIES 5
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Embedded ICC Profiles

Are you using the latest versions of Photomatrix Pro & Lightroom together with the Photomatrix Plug-In for Lightroom? Has it worked correctly before now?
I would first try re-installing Photomatrix to see if that corrects the problem.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Yes I am using the latest versions of Photomax Pro.. oddly enough the previous version worked OK so that's whats puzzling me. I don'  have the latest version of Lightroom but I am using 2.0 so it's not like it's out of date.
Will try reinstalling the program... to be honest I didn't uninstall the previous version so that may have had some averse effect.
Thanks for the response
We are born into history and history is born into us.
mentalist3d
Grafter

Are you still having the problem?
The only thing I can think of is that maybe you have set your camera to use a different colour profile for your images. ICC Profiles is a colour profile manager, Adobe usually uses Adobe RGB unless you have set it up differently.
You may want to install the colour profiles for Adobe which you can get from: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/iccprofiles/icc_eula_win_end.html
If you are running Vista, this may solve the problem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935893
Also check your camera colour settings, if it is set to Adobe RGB I would try changing it to sRGB and see if that helps.
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

When you are using RAW images the colour profile set in your camera is not relevant as this is only set when the RAW image is processed in your software. Lightroom uses the ProPhoto colour profile  and Photomatrix should have no problem processing files exported from Lightroom.
mentalist3d
Grafter

I never knew that about RAW images as I've never really  used that format, but then I'm not a photographer, but the info is handy, thanks Smiley