Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email setup

FIXED
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Email setup

I have passed on to a friend my "old" Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. In fact it is hardly used. But has been returned to factory setting before handing over.

The problem he is having is with email set up; having apparently successfully completed the set up mostly automatically. Sending is normal. But receiving is not. I can send him an email which reports to me "message sent" no report of being undeliverable, but the mail doesn't appear in the Galaxy Inbox.

I'm guessing this is an error somewhere in the account settings, but it all "looks" ok. What the receiving set up lacks is a port number, I wonder if this could be the problem?

My friends ISP is Sky.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Email setup

Fix

Sky seem to use Yahoo for their email.  There are instructions here https://www.sky.com/help/articles/getting-started-with-sky-yahoo-mail.  The Android instruction mention the need to generate an app password on older Android versions.  Incoming mail settings are below.  The port numbers are standard so unlikely to be wrong.

Username: Your full Sky Yahoo Mail address
Password: Your unique 16-digit app password

Incoming server information:

Host Name/Server: 
POP: pop.tools.sky.com
IMAP: imap.tools.sky.com

Security type: SSL

Port: 
POP: 995
IMAP: 993

petlew
Pro

As ever ReedRichard, many thanks. My friend is away for a couple of weeks now, but I'll pass this on when I see him next.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
petlew
Pro

Ooop's, I gave myself credit for the fix.

Can a mod fix it please?

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

@petlew

Fix fixedWink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still