cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email (not Plusnet email) problem

JohnCT1
Grafter

Email (not Plusnet email) problem

I recently left Plusnet to join BT, however I wqas unable to send to any Hotamil addressses, so I returned to Pluse net. Sadly the fault is now here also. I have tried to get this resolved witha number of Software providers including Plusnet, but they all say it is someone elsed problem. 😞

I am running under Windows 10 using Mozilla Thunderbird.I have my own domain name registered with 123.reg, this means I can kee[p my email addresses when I move service provider. It has all worked fine in the past.. Here is the failure message I get:

host hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com [104.47.55.161]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined end of data:
    550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [79.170.44.40] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [BN8NAM12FT031.eop-nam12.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Reporting-MTA: dns; mail40.extendcp.co.uk

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;xxxxx@hotmail.com
Remote-MTA: dns; hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [79.170.44.40] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [BN8NAM12FT031.eop-nam12.prod.protection.outlook.com]

If anyone can solve this or even point me in the right direction I would be oblidged.

Moderators Note: Personal information removed (email address)

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Email (not Plusnet email) problem

@JohnCT1  the mail server you are sending from ( it appears to be mail40.extendcp.co.uk ) is on the Sorbs blacklist. The microsoft mail server is refusing to accept mail from it because of that. Who provides the email service for your domain ? is it 123 reg or are they just the domain registrar ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Everything else to Tech help

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

They are not alone in being blocked. Just do a search regarding MS blocking legimate mail servers. All you can do is contact your host and get them to deal with MS direct. Of course, if it is a spam server then MS are probably right to block it. 

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
JohnCT1
Grafter

Thanks you all for your replies. I must apolagise for the lateness of my reply, it has taken this long to get ti sorte, not resolved. It is nmot v=clear that it is insdees Ms blocking  the mai server. 

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

You might be better off sending your outgoing mail via the Plusnet server (although that is not without its own problems).

Edit: Or was the 'not resolved' a typo for 'now resolved'?!