Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account only

BB
Grafter

Email account only

I have just left Plusnet 

I have set up an Email only account.

I can receive emails fine, but I am unable to send any. error message 505 comes up

I spoke with technical who were helpful. I can send emails on webmail but not on any other , ie thunderbird or bluemail

Help me please !!!

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Email account only

Error 505 is 'client not authenticated'

When not sending from a plusnet broadband connection , you must use authentication for the outgoing server with your plusnet username and password

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BB
Grafter

How do I do this . I have tried various but its not happening on Bluemail or thunderbird

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

When configuring the outgoing server there should be an option ( certainly is on tbird) 'use authentication'

Select that and use your plusnet account and password as the username and password required by the authentication configuration

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BB
Grafter

Will not work on tbird. I have sorted bluemail

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It will work on Tbird. I use it on my tbird configurations, I just don't have them to hand to show the details at the moment. I'm away from home and only have android tablets using k9 with me.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from General Chat to Tech Help.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still