cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Problems

MommaCat
Grafter

Email Problems

Hi everyone!  I'm a newbie here and a newbie to PlusNet.
I have two problems right now.  The first is, although the email was working perfectly at first, for the last 24 hours I have been unable to get emails from the server into my email client.  I get the following message:
A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19
I have looked at the email status on the website, but don't feel this is the problem being posted there.  I'm not sure whether to raise my problem with the techies, or whether they are being inundated with queries about it.  Are others having the same problem?
The other thing which I am struggling with is the prompt for username and password being put up by Mailwasher Pro every time I try to access email via there.  My last ISP supported this, but I understand PlusNet does not.  I have gone into options and unticked the appropriate box, but it is still requesting a password.  Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Denzil
Grafter

Re: Email Problems

Welcome to the forums, MommaCat.
Can you see your mail using <a href="https://webmail.plus.net/src/login.php">webmail</a>? That will at least narrow it down to a local or PN problem. Can't comment on Mailwasher I'm afraid, but I'm sure someone will know.
MommaCat
Grafter

Hi Denzil, thanks for the welcome!
Yes, I can access the webmail with no problems, its just getting it across to my email client that is the problem.  I have tried via Outlook Express and Thunderbird without success.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

have you tried here http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/index.shtml?supporta=emailsetupguides, lots of video's and writen instructions on using PlusNet e-mail, you shouldnt need to use Mailwasher as the PN IronPort doesnt seem to let much through
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

A quick Google search indicates that it could be a problem with your anti virus software. Try switching AV software off briefly and see if your email works. Alternatively, could it be Mailwasher Pro causing the email problem?
MommaCat
Grafter

Good grief!  I just turned off my AV and tried again and all the emails shot into my in-box! Shocked  Thanks for that Ruslyn!  It's odd because I have been getting the email with no problems, it only started 24 hours ago.
As to using Mailwasher Pro, I have always preferred to sort out my own spam.  I fear that if your ISP does it, it could well ditch things that are not spam.  Mailwasher is being useful right now to pick up the odd email which is still going to my old ISP.  Maybe when they finally close my webmail account, I will contact the techies at Firetrust and see if there's a way I can turn off the password function.
Many thanks everyone who has replied to my post!  Cheesy