Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elephone WARNING Dishonest Thieves

Cyberken

Elephone WARNING Dishonest Thieves

Elephone, P9000, Focalandroid - AVOID
Based on my experience of the P9000... purchased from focalandroid@gmail

SIM holder so unreliable the phone is not fit for purpose.
SDCard in same slot same unreliable problem.
Tried asking for a refund after about 4 days.
Company promised firmware upgrades etc
Stuck with it unfortunately
NFC not working for android pay
Fingerprint reader unreliable
+ many other issues 😞
9 months in screen started to come off.
Returned to to company under warranty... (I talked the parcel)
After 2 months of chasing they finally admitted possession of the phone.
Then attempted to extort another $50 to repair it, claiming user damage... I told them about the damage, they have yet to respond to my emails.

In total I had the phone for 257 days. I have sent OVER 60 emails to the company, many not answered, had to resort to translation software to enhance chance of reply.
They avoided honoring warranty.
They still have my phone and have taken my money.
I have had to resort to contacting Chinese government agencies including the SAIC, the Chinese Embassy in the UK, the Chinese Overseas Association and indeed any other agency that might be able to represent and protect my consumer rights.

As yet still unresolved...
IMO Avoid this brand and company and buy from someone else.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Elephone WARNING Dishonest Thieves

Where did you buy it from? If you Google that email address, it's associated with alleged scams going back years. This sounds like you bought a knock off phone from a scam artist instead of a legit product from a company, or authorised reseller.

For a start, Elephone is a Hong Kong based company. Their contact address is @elephone.hk not anything @gmail.com. Any company or website offering goods for sale should also provide their contact email, contact number and contact address, registered company numbers, or such information on any "support", "contact" or "info" sections of their website. Any websites that don't supply that information, or supply nothing more than form fields to fill in are usually questionable sources to be ordering or buying from. Contact email addresses should be related to domains used. Addresses should be searchable on Google maps.

You bought a lemon from a dodgy dealer. Learn from it and shop smarter.

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

i suspect this is spam.
1 post and only registered 6 hours ago.
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

They've joined the MSE forums and posted the same, again just the 1 post.

Edit: actually they've joined a few places and posted the same, I guess they're not happy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, broadcasting to the world their stupidity for not taking time to check the facts, or the credentials of the people selling the phone, or simply being in to much of a hurry to get a 'bargain'. Sorry, but I say no one to blame but themselves.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@chenks76 wrote:
i suspect this is spam.
1 post and only registered 6 hours ago.

And how come he is a "Legend" with only one post ?? ? ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The ranking system's up the creek and has been for days!

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Silly me. I mis-read legend for leg-end. Crazy2

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Pete11  well, in future... just make a foot note of that, and you will have no problem.... Cheesy

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

You will find this OP all over the net as he or she has been copying and pasting this grievance just about everywhere they can.

The conscience is the OP bought a phone direct from a Chinese dealer and now that dealer will not correspond with them about a phone that has a fault.

There is nothing wrong with the manufacturer of these phones and even top of the range iPhones or Samsungs have the odd dud or Friday phone as they used to say.

The problem here is buying direct from China where many a bargains can be had (I’ve had a few myselfSmiley) but there are risks and a more safer way to get a bargain is to use a UK importer then they will deal with any grievance that may arise from any electronic faults. They will of course be a bit more expensive than buying direct but you off load the risk, a little bit.

Buyer bewares.