Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edubuntu on certain profiles

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Edubuntu on certain profiles

I've installed the Edubuntu files from the Repo in Ubuntu for my daughters account which she quite likes. I never realised until I booted into my own account last night that it's changed mine as well to the Edbuntu theme.
Is there a way of just having hers as Edbuntu and mine standard or will I have to uninstall it from the repo, download Edbuntu as an image and dual boot in either one or the other?
3 REPLIES 3
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Re: Edubuntu on certain profiles

It's ok I just searched for anything Edubuntu in synaptics and uninstalled it. Still left the programs that came with it though anfd went back to the original Ubuntu theme  Cool
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I thought themes were on an individual basis. Only got one user so never seen the changes
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

I don't know m8 as I've never applied a them before. I opened my daughters account and just installed edubuntu from there, it changes the boot up screen to a picture of a tree and all the folders, icons etc had a different look. I never noticed until a couple of days later when I went on that pc that it had done the same to mine as well.
After I removed it it went back to the generic 10.04 look but all the programs that it installed are still available in the start menu under education. Next time I do an install I think I'll just add the programs individually as there all in the repo anyway.
Having said that it is really good, one program, you can add words to it and it will create spelling games based on them words. When she brings her spelling test home for that week I put the words in and she enjoys playing the games with it to the point where they're well and truly logged in her head.
Only problem I have is every time she gets 10/10 I have to buy her something so it's getting expensive  Roll_eyes  Grin
My missus who teaches primary/special needs has also commented on how handy a few of the features are so I'm burning her an iso of edubuntu to take to school.