Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXIF tag info in an iPad image file

FIXED
journeys
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

EXIF tag info in an iPad image file

Is a special app required to apply GPS location data to a photograph or should it happen automatically if the GPS is turned on.

I've been sent a couple of images taken with an iPad, that show no EXIF information?

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: EXIF tag info in an iPad image file

What software program are you using to view the pics, and does it have the facility in it "tools" section (possibly) to view the exif... i.e..   can you view exif info from other "camera devices" using the same software prog  ?

journeys
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@shutter, thanks your prompt reply am using Irfanview, I can view the EXIF info from all GPS enabled camera devices (Samsung, Andriod, Garmin) except those taken on an iPad.

The user of the iPad is not sure how to turn on the GPS link to the onboard camera!

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Fix

The user, will have to "google" it, then, I suppose... ! !!.. Irfanview is an excellent prog for viewing and doing quick editing. and, of course for showing the exif...   as the info is "not" appearing... then it probably isn`t "in" the pictures produced by the Ipad at the moment..

EDIT EDIT EDIT... just done a simple google search "how to turn on gps on ipad"   got this page, which may help..... note...  early ipads may not have gps chip onboard...

http://ipad.about.com/od/ipad_basics/ss/How-To-Turn-Off-Location-Services-On-An-iPad.htm