cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU Browser Choice.

mgillespie
Grafter

EU Browser Choice.

Had several people say they have seen it, and what should they do.  I'm suggesting people try out Opera, as it's the best in terms of speed and security (and features).  It's also now got a very Chrome-like look (makes a change Opera borrowing something, as it's usually Microsft, Mozilla, Apple and Google stealing Operas browser ideas).

What is everyone else suggesting?  Personally I would't send them Firefox's way due to the insecurity and constant patching it needs these days, and Chrome is a privacy minefield (usually explaining that everything they do online in Chrome is sent to Google to improve their search results is enough to make people barf)
6 REPLIES 6
spiralx

Re: EU Browser Choice.

I'm quite happy with Firefox 3.7, and the "personas" eye-candy at the top is fun!  (Shallow as a puddle, me).
Chrome has just brought out a new version, with privacy settings you can change to suit yourself, and it is very fast.  Don't know whether (or how) it addresses the keyword-mining issue, though I must say when I use Googlemail, I have "Buzz" turned off.
I quite like Opera, but having got FF the way I like it, I'm unwilling to change unless I have to.
Of all the non-safe browsers, I would put IE at the top of the list. 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

welcome to the forums, you will find the Chat section can be colourful as well
Denzil
Grafter

I don't see regular updates as necessarily a bad thing. No developer can foresee all possible ways of exploiting a weakness in a browser before releasing it. I would be more worried about a browser that is not being updated. Is it really that secure, or are the developers not keeping on top of it? It could be argued that FF is more secure simply because it is being updated regularly as the possible threats evolve.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

It could also be argued that FireFox is needing all these updates because of the C##k ups its been making as of late,i mostly use IE8 and will be trying out IE9 when its released later this month Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
sharpyuk
Grafter

As a developer i use many, the main ones being IE due to the business environment and firefox for its fantastic developer / debug tools.  I have to say that IE 7 although frustrating, is my favourite.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yep i agree with you there,i really like IE7, it was so much better than IE8 in my opinion Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.