cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPG CatchUP issues

harrym1byt
Rising Star

EPG CatchUP issues

Clutching at straws with this one, as no one seems to know the tech details...

A few weeks ago I bought a new smart LG TV. All working fine, except for one issue - The EPG CatchUp part is quite contrary. 

If I click Guide on the remote, it should show a list of the live program, programs coming up and to the left of each channel ident, a < which allows me to see what was on earlier in the day, earlier in the week, which I might want to watch downloaded from a server - the same servers as are used for the on demand services such as BBCi, just a more convenient way to access recent program content. WHEN IT WORKS..

If the set is switched off, switching it back on, the < symbol, EPG CatchUp is missing. Rescan the channels and usually it comes back, though not always. While ever the set is left on, it manages to retain the < to go back in time through what has been on and watch them.

Just to be clear - the on demand services work fine, always (BBCi, ITV HUB, Demand 5, UKTVPlay) irrespective of the EPG issue. 

Many others are having the very same issue with smart LG sets and some other people might be reporting similar with other manufacturers sets. LG seem to be suggesting that they are unable to reproduce the issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: EPG CatchUP issues

Have you gone into the TV settings and checked to see if there's a firmware update you could download?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

harrym1byt
Rising Star

Re: EPG CatchUP issues

It shows it as on the latest version of WebOs 3.7. It auto updated that, as soon as I switched it on from new and had connected the LAN.