Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Line Takeover: Seemingly Genuine!

Russell_w_b
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

EE Line Takeover: Seemingly Genuine!

Hi there,

I've just had a letter delivered to 'The Occupier' from EE.  The letter says that 'we recently received a request to replace the phone line at this address with an EE phone service... If you didn't make the request call us on 01800 079 8586...'  This  number was confirmed as a genuine EE number when I drilled down to the EE rep on the number below.

I spoke to EE on a different number (0800 956 6000) and was assured the request was genuine but was likely a clerical error, and to speak to Plusnet ASAP'.   So here I am!

I have no intention of changing my service from Plusnet to EE and I need to let someone at Plusnet know this.  Can you please  direct me to someone to speak to about it?

--

Kind Regds,

R.

6 REPLIES 6
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: EE Line Takeover: Seemingly Genuine!

Hi Russel_w_b

I recommend you call Plusnet as soon as possible.

0800 432 0200

The PN staff do not appear to be as proactively monitoring these forums as they did before Covid 19 came along.

Regards

Richard

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Russell_w_b 

You are best ringing PlusNet in this situation, since if you have a letter (probably an error on EE part - wrong number etc). There is a time limit before you potentially lose the line. This sort of error happens sometimes hence why you get the letter to check its correct.

You could try 0800 013 2632

Best of luck

Russell_w_b
Dabbler

Hello again and thanks for the replies.

Can't get in touch with anyone at Plusnet.  Is anyone at home?  However I did get in touch with EE and let them know what was happening.

Before attempting to contact Plusnet, I spoke to a neighbour who shares my postcode.  I was talking to her the other day and she was on about changing service providers.  She confirmed that she'd enquired with EE but, for some reason, they did not recognise her house-name, only the post code and our house name.  She then cancelled her order because of this and signed up with ... Plusnet!

The chap at EE said he'd  speak to our neighbour and see f he could sort it out.  I'd still like to speak to someone at Plusnet though. 

--

Kind Regds,

R.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@Russell_w_b 

Just keep trying  the phone. "Thinking of leaving" is usually the one to try

Dave

Russell_w_b
Dabbler

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that; will do.  I'm hoping it's 'panic-over' though.  I got on to EE again and explained the situation.  Likely our neighbour's cancellation hadn't been accepted initially, but the EE rep said he'd contact my neighbour, which he did.

Not long after neighbour said she'd received an e-mail saying cancellation of transferral to EE had gone through.

I'm not unduly worried, given that:-

* No telephone number was mentioned in any correspondence so it's likely that neighbours' number is the one in question.

* Common courtesy would suggest Plusnet would've enquired as to why I was thinking of changing over to EE, and I've heard nothing.

I'll keep trying to speak to someone at  Plusnet.

--

Kind Regds,

R.

Russell_w_b
Dabbler

Panic over!

Spoke to Emma at Plusnet and no record of EE wishing to seize our line.  EE genuine error through confusing neighbour's cancelled order with my address on the same postcode!

This thread may now be closed.

--

KInd Regds,

R.