cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E Book reader

morgan2476
Grafter

E Book reader

Hi folks.  I don't know if I am on the right forum.  I am looking at e books.  I have looked at a number of comparison sites and I am not yet any the wiser.  Could someone suggest a suitable one.  I would like one that reads files that I get from archive.org, also text and pdf.  I am not bothered about mp3, wifi or anything like that.  Expandable memory is a must.  I would appreciate some direction in this.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: E Book reader

The best way is to go and try one if possible. If you want.to be able to annotate the text then one with a keyboard, expandable memory is not always necessary, e.g. I have a Sony 505 that has 192mb of internal memory enough for nearly 200 novels, most these days have 1-2Gb I can't see you needing more unless you want to carry your entire library with you?
E-ink is a MUST lcd screens  eat batteries and are harder to use long term, (mine lasts for about 3-4 weeks on a charge used for 3-4hours a day)
Screen size up to you but I find the 6" to be good, easy to handle and about the same size as a paperback book page.
morgan2476
Grafter

Thanks Hairy biker for your response.  The Sony looks a good option.  Just a couple of questions
What is the max size of sd card that it takes?
What file format would you suggest that I use from archive.org?
Thanks
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Mine will take 16Gb HDSD cards. Not sure above that.
I recommend epub for compatibility, easily convert to something else if needed. I also recommend Calibre to manage the reader and the library of books.